[PD-dev] Pdextended 0.43.1 and vista

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Jul 4 20:11:59 CEST 2011

On Jul 3, 2011, at 3:31 AM, Patrice Colet wrote:

> ----- "Hans-Christoph Steiner" <hans at at.or.at> a écrit :
>
>> Ah, right, supporting LTLIBRARIES would be a bigger reorg.  Any luck
>>
>> with the LD=$(CXX) option?
>>

> Still same error, this is exactly like this one:
>
> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-cvs/2010-08/020963.html
>
> the only solution that is working so far is about using CC to
> compile portaudio,
> I don't know if I could get time to reorg the build system for
> libtool conveniences.

I tried changing the "if ASIO" section in pd/Makefile.am to this:

if ASIO
EXTRA_SUBDIRS += asio
# automake hack to force linking with g++
lib_LTLIBRARIES = libdummy.la
libdummy_la_SOURCES =
# Dummy C++ source to cause C++ linking.
nodist_EXTRA_libdummy_la_SOURCES = dummy.cxx
endif

And it did indeed switch to using g++, but for compiling too, and that
triggers the same issue.  It seems that you can't compile portaudio
WMME with g++, and the current build system is using g++ by default.
So I think we actually need the opposite than that solution. If we
include the ASIO files, automake switches to g++.  So we need to force
portaudio to always be built using gcc.  Anyone have any ideas there?

.hc