[PD-dev] Tabread/write on array bigger than 16777216 points

Nicolas Montgermont nicolas_montgermont at yahoo.fr
Wed Jul 13 14:20:41 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I want to develop a serie of externals that allow to use tables bigger
than 2^24 points. After a few missed attempt (redefining PDFLOATTYPE,
using double inside the objects...) i think i have managed two working
externals [tabread_double] and [tabwrite_double] that use two float to
point an integer : n = f1 + 2^24*f2.

Before going further (tabread~, tabread4,...) I wanted to know if
someone has already done something similar or if you have advices on
names and behavior.
I've chosen to have compatibility with existing object, simply adding
one inlet on the right that set f2.

If it's the first serie of external for that i'll try to add that on the
svn in a few weeks.
best,
http://nim.on.free.fr