[PD-dev] struct _canvasenvironment

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 05:22:28 CEST 2011

--- On Thu, 7/14/11, Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu> wrote:

> From: Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu>
> Subject: Re: [PD-dev] struct _canvasenvironment
> To: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancsika at yahoo.com>
> Cc: pd-dev at iem.at, "IOhannes m zmoelnig" <zmoelnig at iem.at>
> Date: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 2:08 AM
> It's in m_pd.h - that's a pretty good
> guarantee of stability (although
> not 100% perfect I'm afraid.)

Oh, thanks.  I should have looked there first.

> One caution -- if soneone 'saves' the patch into a new
> directory, the
> canvas's directory will then change -- so it's best not to
> store the
> result of canvas_settid() but to call it each time it gets
> used.

Did you mean canvas_getdir?  If that's the case I think I'm safe, since I'm only using it if the canvas in question is an abstraction.  (And it's an absolute path.)  I don't think this would lead to any problems.

Also, in the canvas "get" method patch I put on the tracker it just calls canvas_getdir and returns the result.

-Jonathan