[PD-dev] replace spaces in list class names with hyphens

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Fri Jul 15 19:41:01 CEST 2011

THere isn't a 1-to-1 correspondence between the string that invokes an
object and its class -- hence, "list" can give rise to several different
classes, but also, there are sometimes multiple classes in Pd that have
the same "class name", like "select".  The string was originally only
there to help in pringing out error messages, (i.e. human readable), not
as a way to disamiguate anything.

I think the only way to know everything relevant is to know the whole
argument list and parse it, ouch...

cheers
Miller