[PD-dev] amd64 pdextended nightly-builds

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Jul 29 01:42:05 CEST 2011

On Jul 28, 2011, at 7:39 AM, Pierre Mersadier wrote:

> Hi HansChristoph,
>
> Le mardi 26 juillet 2011 à 14:04 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner a
> écrit :
>> Ok, its posting now on the auto-builds page :)
>>
>> .hc
>
> I now trying to work with pbuilder which seems to be a very good
> tool to
> build debian packages for differents versions of debian/ubuntu
> distributions, my goal is to provide multiples x86_64 builds for
> ubuntu
> natty/maverick/etc/... and debian stable/unstable/etc/... all these
> builds could be done on the same 64bits computer.
> From what I understand it is really doable with pbuilder, I did some
> tests this morning.

> somes questions/remarks :
>
> A) is there some debian rules for the whole pdextended source tree ?
> 'pd-extended/pd' contains './debian 'but if I run pdebuild it seems it
> build only pd and not all the externals...
> see logs : http://pastebin.com/EK8MhaDj
>
> B) alsoI had to delete pd/debian/patches/* because pdebuil wasn't able
> to apply patches to the source tree :
> <snip...>
> 	quilt --quiltrc /dev/null push -a || test $? = 2
> Applying patch 01_big_endian.diff
> patching file src/s_audio_alsa.c
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 469.
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 581.
> 2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file src/s_audio_alsa.c
> Patch 01_big_endian.diff does not apply (enforce with -f)
> dh_quilt_patch: quilt --quiltrc /dev/null push -a || test $? = 2
> returned exit code 1
> make: *** [build] Error 25
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
> E: Failed autobuilding of package
> I: unmounting /var/cache/pbuilder/ccache filesystem
> I: unmounting dev/pts filesystem
> I: unmounting proc filesystem
> I: cleaning the build env
> I: removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/build//10491 and its
> subdirectories
>

> So, on my free time I'll continue to test/learn because these tools
> seems very powerfull !

This would be really awesome to have all those builds.  pbuilder is a
very powerful tool, but sadly, the Pd-extended package is a big hack
and not created in a way that'll let you use pbuilder, as far as I
know.  Instead, I've been setting up chroots with debootstrap.  The
build scripts can already handle many chroots as long as they are in /
var/chroot.

> Do you go to the pdcon 2011 in weimar ?

My wife and I just had a baby one week ago, so I can't go this year.
I've been to every other, and almost nothing else would have made me
miss the PdCon.  Its always been a great time and immersive experience.

The arc of history bends towards justice.     - Dr. Martin Luther
King, Jr.