[PD-dev] preparing phasor~&Co. for double precision Pd

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 21:56:18 CEST 2011

2011/7/30 IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

>> looking at the code, the relevant changes are definitely there for jack;
>> and alsa will most likely work if it's not trying to do mmap() - if the
>> device does support mmap  we might have problems.

In s_audio_alsamm.c there is an implicit typecast from t_sample to float in
line 1208 where the samples are copied (function alsamm_send_dacs()). And
for the input a typecast is at line 1316. This makes me think doubles could
work with alsa mmap as well. Can't test it though.

I will not have time to work on the Pd double precision thing till after Pd
con, but will resume testing later, on OSX, Linux and maybe Windows.

Katja