[PD-dev] tkwidgets

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Aug 17 20:54:41 CEST 2011

Hey Jonathan,

I'm cc'ing pd-dev since this is a topic that could interest others and
others could contribute to.  I've started a private git branch of
tkwidgets that I intent to push once I get somewhere with it.  The
idea is to try out a new idea for how GUI objects can work.
Basically, I think I can make it so that Tcl handles more of the
interaction with the user, minimizing on pd-gui <--> pd
communications, and making it easier to write GUI objects.  Its not
trivial to do, but should be doable.

.hc

On Aug 17, 2011, at 12:26 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> Never mind, I see it now inside canvas_vis... too bad canvas'
> "window" subcommand doesn't have something like pack's "-in" option...
>
> But I guess I could make a toplevel checkbutton widget and just
> manually clone it.
>
> -Jonathan

realize his wishes.  Now that he can realize them, he must either
change them, or perish.    -William Carlos Williams