[PD-dev] tkwidgets

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 02:17:27 CEST 2011

The problem is for a subpatch that isn't vis'd:

[inlet]

[checkbutton]

[outlet]

Will give an error on "bang" because checkbutton_bang has:
sys_vgui("%s invoke\n", x->widget_id->s_name);

That could be solved by using a -variable option, but then that limits you because the nonzero value cannot be changed.*

So yeah, the best solution is stored state in the struct so you can access it in the c functions without caring about the vis state of the obj.  Is that the idea behind the options_binbuf?

* also note that checkbutton's default behavior is the opposite from tgl:
tgl: zero = off, nonzero = on
checkbutton: onvalue = on, everything else = off