[PD-dev] Pdextended 0.43.1 and vista

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 21 16:34:42 CEST 2011

On 2011-08-20 21:21, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I tried these patches a bit but haven't fully tested them yet. But I did
> just finish updating the MinGW setup, there have been big improvements
> in the last 2 years since I looked last. The nicest is 'mingw-get' for
> installing packages :)
>
> Here's the documentation on the whole setup, it now includes ffmpeg with
> many codecs, but gmerlin-avdecoder didn't build. It also includes a
> pthread DLL that can be linked using only -lpthread like all other
> platforms (i.e. libpthread-2.dll). I left in -lpthreadGC2 for backwards
> compatibility:
>
> http://puredata.info/docs/developer/WindowsMinGWGet/

That looks very nice, I need to try it (usually something sticks because
I can't find the right version of something, the MinGW people seem to
randomly change what's in their packages)
but I see you have the lines:
svn co
https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/branches/pd-extended/0.41/
cd 0.41/pd/src
make -f makefile.mingw

Are Windows folks doomed to live in the past or is it possible to build
0.43 with MinGW the same way?

Martin