[PD-dev] Status of GUI rewrite?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Aug 21 18:19:23 CEST 2011

Hey Stephen,

The pd-gui-rewrite effort has been entirely folded into Miller's pure-
data.git and is included in the 0.43 release. The dev/PdGuiRewrite
page is there for historical interest. You can find out more about one
big feature of this effort in the  GUI Plugins section of the docs:

http://puredata.info/docs/guiplugins

The look and feel of Pd is a very personal issue, so now we can
customize it a lot using GUI plugins.  For example, I think that
straight cords are much more readable than bezier curved cords.  As
for bugs, please do make bug reports, you can get to the bug report
form from the Help menu in Pd.

.hc

On Aug 21, 2011, at 5:02 AM, Stephen Lavelle wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I was just tinkering around with some of the graphics in puredata,
> before noticing that there's a GUI rewrite project underway ( http://puredata.info/dev/PdGuiRewrite
>  ).  Could someone tell me what the status of this is?
>
> I've been tinkering around a little in the code myself,
>
> https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-SKz32YaPs3U/TlBQKiAHtyI/AAAAAAAAAdk/_mjg3TRA-GE/Screen%2BShot%2B2011-08-21%2Bat%2B01.23.36.png
>
> but see that some of the things I had in mind to do are on their to-
> do list, and I may have some other usability suggestions as well.

realize his wishes.  Now that he can realize them, he must either
change them, or perish.    -William Carlos Williams