[PD-dev] Status of GUI rewrite?

Stephen Lavelle analytic at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 19:35:02 CEST 2011

Oh, hey -

Thanks for bringing me up to date : )

>The pd-gui-rewrite effort has been entirely folded into Miller's
pure-data.git and is included in the 0.43 release.
Oh, ok - I hadn't stumbled across the gui plugin setup yet - that's cool : )

The look and feel of Pd is a very personal issue, so now we can customize it
> a lot using GUI plugins.

To some extent it is.  The big problem for me is the inlet/outlet size - the
precision required isn't something I can comfortably manage on a touchpad.
I'm a more than a little overwhelmed with just getting to grips with
pure-data and compiling the code - from what I can tell in the source code,
the inlet/outlet drawing is totally hard-coded.  If someone could tell me
whether or not this would be possible to do with the gui plugin system, or
if it already exists (based on an earnest search, it does not), I would
appreciate it : )

>As for bugs, please do make bug reports, you can get to the bug report form
from the Help menu in Pd.
I'm a little confused - I didn't mention anything about bugs.

Thanks : )

 For example, I think that straight cords are much more readable than bezier