[PD-dev] Pdextended 0.43.1 and vista

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Aug 22 18:56:37 CEST 2011

On Aug 22, 2011, at 11:54 AM, Patrice Colet wrote:

> ----- "Hans-Christoph Steiner" <hans at at.or.at> a écrit :
>
>> Oops, I just noticed one unneeded line in the patch I sent you:
>>
>> +#pd_LINK = $(CXXLINK)
>>

>> There is no need to add a line of code that is comment out :)
>>

> Hi Hans,
>
> I had to add this line for linking asio with G++, I'm trying out
> right now if asio are ok without it,
> hope to find it out as soon as possible, my internet connection is
> actually very very slow.

Oops, sorry, yeah, it looks like that line is needed after all.

> I've looked at you patch, and there is something I didn't figured
> out before,
> the git sources you are using aren't pd-extended but pd-anything ^^
> It's not specificated anywhere in docs.
>
> maybe that's why I couldn't build libdir.dll?

For generating patches, I usually work with Miller's pure-data repo.
That's essential if its a patch to submit to Miller.

.hc

>> .hc
>>
>> On Aug 21, 2011, at 10:29 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>

>>> Hey patco,
>>>
>>> I boiled down your patch set into this stripped down version, and
>>> fixed the error while trying to build pd~ (pd~ doesn't work on
>>> Windows).  Its best to make sure patches only include the changes
>>> that are absolutely necessary, and not any whitespace changes or
>>> cosmetic changes.  This patch builds and runs for me on MinGW, but I
>>
>>> don't really have a good way to test ASIO audio.  If you want to
>>> submit it as a git patch, here's what you can do in a clean, up-to-
>>
>>> date git:
>>>
>>> cd pure-data
>>> git reset --hard             (watch out, this wipes changes)
>>> patch -p1 < mingw.patch
>>> git commit configure.ac src/Makefile.am extra/Makefile.am -m "a real
>>
>>> msg"
>>> git format-patch -n1
>>>
>>> <mingw.patch>
>>>

>>> .hc

>>> If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
>>
>>> exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power called an
>>
>>> idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he
>>> keeps it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself
>>
>>> into the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess
>>
>>> himself of it.            - Thomas Jefferson

>> I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
>>
>> meals a day for their bodies, education and culture for their minds,
>>
>> and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.      - Martin
>> Luther King, Jr.
>
> --
> Patrice Colet

"We have nothing to fear from love and commitment." - New York Senator
Diane Savino, trying to convince the NY Senate to pass a gay marriage
bill