[PD-dev] New Windows/MinGW Build setup

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Aug 22 20:24:21 CEST 2011

I just finished rebuilding the MinGW/MSYS setup on the Windows build
server using the new mingw-get utility and the latest MinGW and MSYS.
There has been big improvements in MinGW in the past couple of years,
so its getting a lot easier to set everything up.  You can do it
yourself here:

http://puredata.info/docs/developer/WindowsMinGW

One big notable change is that this now uses gcc 4.5 rather than gcc
3.4. Also built and installed are:

- libdl
- -lpthread and -lpthreadGC2
- Tcl/Tk 8.5.10
- freetype 2.4.6
- fftw 3.3 double
- fftw 3.3 float
- libmad
- ogg
- vorbis
- speex
- flac (but doesn't seem to always work)
- libsndfile
- lua 5.1
- lame (but doesn't seem to always work)
- theora
- libjpeg
- libtiff
- libpng
- libxvidcore
- a52dec
- libdca
- faac
- flite
- x264 (untested)
- openjpeg (but doesn't seem to always work)
- ffmpeg (untested)
- libgavl
- ladspa.h

"[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own
government." - Martin Luther King, Jr.