[PD-dev] Pdextended 0.43.1 and vista

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Aug 22 20:38:44 CEST 2011

On Aug 22, 2011, at 1:11 PM, Patrice Colet wrote:

> ----- "Hans-Christoph Steiner" <hans at at.or.at> a écrit :
>
>> On Aug 22, 2011, at 11:54 AM, Patrice Colet wrote:
>
>>> Hi Hans,
>

>>> I've looked at you patch, and there is something I didn't figured
>>> out before,
>>> the git sources you are using aren't pd-extended but pd-anything ^^
>>> It's not specificated anywhere in docs.
>>>
>>> maybe that's why I couldn't build libdir.dll?
>>
>> For generating patches, I usually work with Miller's pure-data repo.
>>
>> That's essential if its a patch to submit to Miller.
>>

> with new changes made into pd sources if I try
>
> cd  /home/patko/pd-extended/0.43/packages/
> make install
>
> I've got this error:
>
> ln -s ../extra/libdir/libdir.dll \
>                /home/patko/pd-extended/0.43/packages/build/startup/
> libdir.dll
> ln: creating symbolic link `/home/patko/pd-extended/0.43/packages/
> build/startup/libdir.dll' to `../extra/libdir/libdir.dll': No such
> file or directory
> make: *** [pd_install] Error 1
>

> those sources have been downloaded with cygwin's svn, like usually,
> it was compiling fine until the end before I've applied the changes,
>
> do I need to put sources from Miller's repo into it?

I think for the sake of getting this working, its easiest to just work
out of Miller's pure-data.git.  Then once we have the patch ironed
out, I'll included it in Pd-extended and it'll be in the nightly
builds.  Here's what I did to get it building and running:

git clone git://pure-data.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/pure-data/pure-
data
cd pure-data
./autogen.sh && ./configure && make
cp -a /c/Program\ Files/pd/bin src/
rm src/bin/pd*
cp -a /c/Program\ Files/pd/lib src/
cp -a tcl src/
./src/pd

(Yes its a kludge, but it works for quick testing)