[PD-dev] automated library updates WAS: pd-extended 0.43 release push

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Sep 15 18:19:37 CEST 2011

Hey Joe,

The *-meta.pd file is meant to include things like library name,
description, version, etc.  In fact the Library Template build system
gets the version from the meta file.

Just about any library included in Pd-extended has a meta file, and
anything based on the Library Template does too.  If you want a good
source of description texts, you can check the Debian packaging files
for any of the library that are in Debian or pure:dyne.

Its not as well documented as it should be, but there is some stuff up
on puredata.info (its still down).  Luckily, the file format is really
simple and basically self-explanatory.  Just check out the meta files in
each library folder in Pd-extended.

.hc