[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-3411486 ] aliases don't work

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 19 16:02:39 CEST 2011

Bugs item #3411486, was opened at 2011-09-19 16:02
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by po-b
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=3411486&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: pd-extended
Group: None

Initial Comment:
If you want [symbol2list] in a new patch, and create [s2l] it won't create.
If you have already created [symbol2list] with its fuyll name, then you can create [s2l]

If you subsequently create [symbol2list] then all previously created [s2l] wont get created unless you reload the patch in the same session. Loading in a fresh Pd session will give: "[s2l] couldn't create" for all [s2l] objects created prior to [symbol2list] when loading in a fresh Pd session.
Same problem for [list2symbol] and [l2s].

Other aliases will not affect each other. If I load first [symbol2list] only [s2l] will create afterwards and not [l2s] for instance.

Same behaviour for [init] and [ii] in IEM lib. And there could be others too I don't or haven't tested.

Pd version 0.43.1-extended-20110918
on Windows 7 starter edition (32bit)