[PD-dev] removing path and libs from Pd-extended preferences GUI

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Sep 19 19:32:40 CEST 2011

Hey Miller,

I actually think this would make switching between vanilla and
extended easier because it would make people use [import] or [declare]
to load libs, then when using vanilla, you'll know which libraries the
patch needs.  Can you think of examples where it would make things
more difficult?

To see which libraries Pd-extended is loading at startup, you can
switch to the 'debug' view in the log, and you'll see:

libdir loader 1.9
	compiled on Sep 19 2011 at 03:25:20
	compiled against Pd version 0.43.1.extended-20110919
libdir_loader: added 'vanilla' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'extra' to the global objectclass path
GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
GEM: ver: 0.93.SVN rev4516
GEM: compiled: Sep 19 2011
GEM: maintained by IOhannes m zmoelnig
GEM: Authors :	Mark Danks (original version)
GEM:		Chris Clepper
GEM:		Cyrille Henry
GEM:		IOhannes m zmoelnig
GEM: with help by Guenter Geiger, Daniel Heckenberg, James Tittle,
Hans-Christoph Steiner, et al.
GEM: found a bug? miss a feature? please report it:
GEM: 	homepage http://gem.iem.at/
GEM: 	bug-tracker http://sourceforge.net/projects/pd-gem/
GEM: compiled for SIMD architecture: SSE2 MMX
GEM: using SSE2 optimization
libdir_loader: added 'cyclone' to the global objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'zexy' to the global objectclass path

.hc