[PD-dev] removing path and libs from Pd-extended preferences GUI

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Tue Sep 20 14:02:24 CEST 2011

Whenever I see the words "this would _make_ people"...
alarm bells start ringing for me.

Yes, the proposed behaviour is perfectly correct, logical,
and consistent. And utterly the wrong thing to do IMHO.

It would frighten off newcomers and disorientate students.

It's why we create the cushion of fairy stories
for kids, to soften the harsh realities of the
_actual_ world. Later on you learn that there isn't
a magic library fairy that loads everything, but it
helps you cope with the first steps.

If anybody made PD that broken out of the box it
would require lots of work to fix in order to make
it fit to teach with again.

--
Andy Farnell <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk>