[PD-dev] removing path and libs from Pd-extended preferences GUI

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Sep 20 21:33:49 CEST 2011

The standard/default install locations work everywhere without any
effort and are persistent in all cases that I can think of, so that
would be the least work to use.

I don't think there is any real time difference between loading pd using
a global path versus setting the path with [declare -path].  [declare
-path] is also persistent across Pd sessions and applies to abstractions
in your project, IIRC. And having the relative path means your project
doesn't break if you move it to a different folder.

Sharing patches doesn't just mean with random people on the internet. It
also means one person using the same patch on different computers, with
different Pd distros, on different OSes, etc.

.hc