[PD-dev] symlinks in zexy svn

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Sep 30 16:50:02 CEST 2011

Now I see the root of the unfold-help.pd issue, zexy relies on symlinks
that are checked into svn.  That'll work fine on UNIX, but is very
unpredictable in Windows.  For example, a Windows svn client might check
them out by copying them.  A cygwin svn client might check them out
directly, but then cygwin has its own symlink format which is compatible
with Windows shortcuts.  Then MinGW does not have a native SVN client
packaged, so if you will get different results depending on whether you
use a Windows or Cygwin svn client in MinGW.

I think the build system should create the links using $(LN_S).  That
will work in a consistent fashion in all of the above situations.  On
Windows/MinGW, it'll always copy, on Cygwin it'll make the special
Cygwin symlinks, and on UNIX it'll make standard symlinks.