[PD-dev] Text box keybinding silent failure

Marvin Humphrey marvin at rectangular.com
Fri Sep 30 18:07:43 CEST 2011

Greets,

The emacs keybindings don't seem to be engaging on OS X.  If I modify the
following line in pdtk_text.tcl, I see the debug print output when I press
<Control-a>, confirming that the binding fires -- but the cursor does not move.

     if {$::windowingsystem eq "aqua"} { # emacs bindings for Mac OS X
-        $tkcanvas bind $mytag <Control-a> "$tkcanvas icursor $mytag 0"
+        $tkcanvas bind $mytag <Control-a> "puts {Checkpoint 1 secured.}; $tkcanvas icursor $mytag 0"
         $tkcanvas bind $mytag <Control-e> "$tkcanvas icursor $mytag end"
     }

I suspect this problem is related to why I'm having trouble getting a binding
for <Return> to function correctly.

Any ideas on why either $tkcanvas or $mytag would be causing silent failures
of these bound scripts?

Marvin Humphrey