[PD-dev] zexy: libtool: link: only absolute run-paths are allowed

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Sep 30 19:07:42 CEST 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-30 at 18:17 +0200, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> On 09/30/2011 06:08 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> >
> > pddev at windowsxp-i386:~$ svn --version
> > svn, version 1.6.1 (r37116)
> >    compiled Apr 11 2009, 12:07:06
>
> thanks.
> however, i actually was trying to ask for the svn-revision of externals/
> (which you get by running "svnversion" within this directory), in order
> to be able to check which commits are already in action when the build
> is running.
>
> > Its the same issue as with Gem.  So running it from the command line
> > alone without setting any variables, it builds.
>
> another reason to fix it "properly".

The error is caued by the -rpath option having no argument, i.e.

-rpath  0x260x260x7e.lo

Rather than

-rpath /extra/zexy 0x260x260x7e.lo

Too bad ./configure --disable-rpath doesn't seem to work with Gem or
zexy's build setup.  I thought that libtool/autoconf was supposed to set
that up for you.

> > But running in the
> > whole build, where lots of variables like DESTDIR, prefix, etc. are set,
> > it doesn't work.
>
> does "running from the command line" mean:
> $ cd externals && make zexy
> or does it mean
> $ cd externals/zexy && ./autogen.sh && .configure && make
>
> e.g. is the problematic environment within externals/Makefile or within
> the entire build system?
>
> if the latter, do you have any recommendations how to start such a build
> (preferably with only the zexy part, so we don't have to wait for ages)
> in a debugging session?

I just ran this and it worked (but are still producing .a rather
than .dll):

 cd externals/
 make DESTDIR=/tmp zexy_clean zexy_install

Trying this now:

 cd packages/win32_inno
 make install