No subject

Mon Sep 19 10:14:28 CEST 2011

0.43-0 double precision ready. In fact what you have is
'arbitrary-precision' code which can be built for single or double precision
with the setting of a single definition in the API header m_pd.h. Test
patches are included.

So far, I have tested on OSX and Linux. Remarkably, double precision Pd
performance is comparable to current Pd on the Intel CPU's. The only
drawback that I can think of is, it eats memory. This would be a bummer for
Pd users doing Ableton style stuff with lots of soundfiles to be loaded into
RAM. Krzysztof Czaja already warned me for this at Pd Con, but at the time I
forgot a bit about the problems with loading soundfiles during a live
session.

For me, as a precision freak, it is a delight to work with double precision
Pd. Some examples are illustrated on mentioned webpage. Unfortunately, my
music stuff needs Pd extended. I would be happy to continue the project.

Katja

--485b39618b929065b504ae326f37

n code decent enough to be useful in practice. It&#39;s all documented on:<=
oubleprecision.html">http://www.katjaas.nl/doubleprecision/doubleprecision.=
html</a></div>
s to make vanilla Pd 0.43-0 double precision ready. In fact what you have i=
s &#39;arbitrary-precision&#39;=A0code which can be built for single or dou=
ble precision with the setting of a single definition in the API header m_p=
d.h. Test patches are included.</div>
ble precision Pd performance is comparable to current Pd on the Intel CPU&#=
39;s. The only drawback that I can think of is, it eats memory. This would =
be a bummer for Pd users doing Ableton style stuff with lots of soundfiles =
to be loaded into RAM. Krzysztof Czaja already warned me for this at Pd Con=
, but at the time I forgot a bit about the problems with loading soundfiles=
 during a live session.</div>
 freak, it is a delight to work with double precision Pd. Some examples are=
 illustrated on mentioned webpage. Unfortunately, my music stuff needs Pd e=
xtended. I would be happy to continue the project.</span></div>
Apple-style-span">Katja</span></div>

--485b39618b929065b504ae326f37--