[PD-dev] build instructions for pd-extended

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Oct 2 18:05:02 CEST 2011

Hey Ricardo,

The doc updates look good, the thing that I would change is to have
the 'git svn' stuff as an option, not as the documented way of getting
the source.  The idea is to make it as easy as possible to get
started.  SVN is a lot easier than git, and I figure anyone how knows
'git svn' doesn't need to have it documented.

Also, since that page is called BuildingPdExtended, perhaps it makes
sense to have a WorkingWithPdExtendedSources page that is linked from
GettingPdSource and BuildingPdExtended as a place to fully document
all the possible setups for development.

I've been trying to make the developer docs a collection of small
modules of pages, so they can be reused a lot. Before, what would
happen is that something like the rsync command was documented in
multiple places, but would only get updated in one place, so there was
a lot of out-of-date info around. Having it small pages that are
linked between a lot means we can have it so something is only
documented in a single page, so there is only one place to update.

.hc