[PD-dev] w32 PdLab machine broken (was Re: w32 PdLab machine down?)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Oct 3 16:41:39 CEST 2011

On Oct 3, 2011, at 5:53 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2011-10-03 11:49, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> when i try to login to the machine, i get:
>>
>> Uptime for this computer is      10 [main] gawk 2200
>> C:\cygwin\bin\gawk.exe: *** fatal error - CreateFileMapping
>> Global\cygwin1S4.cygpid.3780, Win32 error 5.  Terminating.
>>
>> and i don't get a shell, which makes it a bit awkward to do any svn
>> updates (port forwarding works though, so rdesktop is ok)
>
> which of course means, that it is somehow "broken", rather than
> "down".
>
> anyhow, i tried opening a cygwin shell from the rdesktop, and i get
> the
> same error.
> so it seems that (only) cygwin is broken somwhat.
>
> fgmasdr
> IOhannes

Yeah, that machine is still on Cygwin 1.5. It needs an upgrade badly,
but that means going to the closet where the machine is and sitting in
front of it...

I got it to log in again, I'll see what I can do about an upgrade.

Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute.
  - from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs