[PD-dev] Mac OS X 10.5 vs zexy's autogen.sh

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Oct 3 18:48:23 CEST 2011

On Oct 3, 2011, at 5:06 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2011-10-02 22:27, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> FYI:
>>
>> http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2011-10-02/logs/2011-10-02_03.15.26_darwin_macosx105-i386_pd-extended.txt
>>

> hmm, i cannot reach this machine anymore...

Yeah, it seems to be down, I'll check it tomorrow.

>> cd /Users/pd/auto-build/pd-extended/externals/zexy && ./autogen.sh
>> PATH: /sw/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/sw/bin:/sw/sbin
>> running autoreconf
>> autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
>> autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
>> autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I m4
>> autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
>> aclocal.m4:20: warning: this file was generated for autoconf 2.68.
>> You have another version of autoconf.  It may work, but is not
>> guaranteed to.
>
> hmm, very weird.
> we are using autoreconf to (re)generate the files.
> autoreconf calls aclocal and autoconf, and it seems it calls an
> aclocal
> that is not compatible with the autoconf it uses.
> could this be a find vs apple problem?

>> If you have problems, you may need to regenerate the build system
>> entirely.
>> To do so, use the procedure documented by the package, typically
>> `autoreconf'.
>> configure.ac:4: error: Autoconf version 2.62 or higher is required
>
> i don't know why autoconf>=2.62 is required. the minimum required
> version of autoconf has never been specified within zexy.
>
> anyhow, to get rid of some other nastities, i have updated my
> configure.ac and now it generates and configures without problems on
> my
> 10.5.8-ppc machine, which comes with autoconf-2.61

I don't really know why this is happening, but I do know that the ./
autogen.sh in pure-data.git and pd-extended.git works everywhere since
it is used in the builds every night.  Why not just use that one?

"[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own
government." - Martin Luther King, Jr.