[PD-dev] Mac OS X 10.5 vs zexy's autogen.sh

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Oct 3 20:37:33 CEST 2011

On Oct 3, 2011, at 1:22 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2011-10-03 19:19, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> On 2011-10-03 18:48, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>

>>> I don't really know why this is happening, but I do know that the
>>> ./autogen.sh in pure-data.git and pd-extended.git works everywhere
>>> since
>>> it is used in the builds every night.  Why not just use that one?
>>

>> it's virtually the same.
>>

> esp. in the trivial case, where there is autoreconf (and not mingw),
> where both scripts just call:
> $ autoreconf -fiv
>
> so it's not that autogen.sh script that causes trouble, but
> autoreconf.
> i'm not saying that it is broken, i'm only saying that i find it weird
> that autoreconf generates a file for autoconf and then complains
> that it
> is has been generated for another version of autoconf.

MinGW does have autoreconf, it was just giving me troubles, that's why
I made that special case.  It might no longer be necessary with the
new MinGW.

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself
of it.            - Thomas Jefferson