[PD-dev] double precision Pd: .patch files, tests and benchmarks

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 09:06:28 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 1:33 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> And we have our first Pd-double build!
> http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2011-10-03/Pd-0.43.1-double-20111003
> macosx106-x86_64.dmg

Cool Hans! Can't wait to check it out (though I'll have to wait till I
get home tonight).

Yesterday I forgot to mention why it should definitely not be built
with -O0 (unless for debug purposes): PD_BIGORSMALL is defined an
inline function (like it was already suggested by IOhannes a while
ago), but at -O0 nothing will be inlined. A benchmark howto would be
useful indeed.

By the way for my coreduo 1.83 GHZ I could compile for Debian with SSE
by setting -march=prescott, this was the last 32bit adress space SSE
enabled CPU.

Katja