[PD-dev] where is Pd's "-stdlib"?

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 13:33:07 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-04 at 12:58 +0200, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2011-10-04 11:19, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> >
> > Applied to standard paths this would lead to the following search order:
> >
> > 1) ~/pd-externals
> > 2) /usr/local/lib/puredata/extra
> > 3) /usr/local/lib/pd/extra
> > 4) /usr/lib/puredata/extra
> > 5) /usr/lib/pd/extra
> >
> > (please add some more, if I forgot some)
>
> please don't add more :-)
> these are already too many.
>
> currently the stdpaths for pd are:
>
> 1) ~/pd-externals/
> 2) <pd-install-path>/extra/
> 3) /usr/local/lib/pd-externals/

Ah, yes, let's keep /usr/local/lib/pd/extra and /usr/lib/pd/extra just
<pd-install-path>/extra and be searched either or. Thanks for pointing
this out.

> > to assume that /usr/lib/pdextended/extra should be search first, so that
> > the patch gets the same 'zexy' as it would get in some other Pd-extended
> > installation on some other OS.
>
> a pdextended specific package would install to /usr/lib/pdextended/extra
> this path will not be searched by pd-vanilla (nor will pdx search
> /usr/lib/puredata/extra)

Yes. My example was lacking to state that _pdextended_ should
search /usr/lib/pd-extended/extra before /usr/lib/pd/extra. Of course,
puredata wouldn't consider /usr/lib/pd-extended/extra at all.

Roman