[PD-dev] double precision Pd: .patch files, tests and benchmarks

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 11:09:20 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 6:11 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> So you are saying that the stuff in pd-double is not building using 64-bit
> floats?

I downloaded Pd-0.43.1-double-20111003-macosx106-x86_64.dmg from the
auto-build and this one was single precision. Don't know about the
other builds. Maybe it's better, for the moment at least, to set
logpost level 2 for the precision message at startup so you see it
immediately. I used log level 3 in accordance with your intention to
start Pd with a clean window, but in the testing phase this makes no
sense indeed.

> Let's get a github repo going so we can work on this stuff.  Unless
> you want to, I'll happily set one up at:
>
> https://github.com/pd-projects/pd-double

Yes please if you want to, go ahead. I'm slow with these things, by
lack of experience. I even still have to learn git, and was comparing
features of github vs gitorious. Both seem fine.

In the meantime I'll work on a clean up of rewritten code then, and
based on pure-data.git instead of 0.43-0.

Thanks for the very supportive cooperation.

Katja