[PD-dev] double precision Pd: .patch files, tests and benchmarks

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Oct 6 01:05:22 CEST 2011

On Thu, 2011-10-06 at 00:33 +0200, katja wrote:
> 2011/10/5 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>:
>
> > I removed the old build system from pd-double.git and pushed the change.
> > Hopefully that'll reduce confusion.
>
> Yeah I was using the old build system all the time because it was so
> easy to produce local builds by doing make without install. Never
> mind.

I make and run local builds all of the time for testing, it is indeed
easy.  The new build system should allow for that too.  But yeah, you do
need to set it up by doing:

./autogen.sh && ./configure

Then it should work for a while.  I just pushed a change to
pd/configure.ac in pd-double to enable detection of 64-bit platforms,
and enable double-precision if on 64-bit.  I also added:

./configure --enable-double-precision

to force the use of double precision on any platform, or

./configure --disable-double-precision

to force the use of single precision on any platform.