[PD-dev] pd double autobuilds

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 20:39:05 CEST 2011

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> But I guess then these nightly builds don't help you that much, since
> you're on 10.5.

In itself Pd-0.43.1-double-20111007-macosx106-x86_64.dmg runs without
trouble on OSX 10.5. But:

- preference file org.puredata.pd.plist is read, this is vanilla's
preference file
- therefore, no external libs loaded at startup

For the moment, this may be an advantage. If we make test patches
using namespaces for all external objects, like [zexy/limiter] etc,
these patches will load the correct object for any Pd-extended install
on the computer. When loading libs with help of the preference file,
this is not guaranteed.* The only disadvantage is, you can not load an
arbitrary patch which does not use namespaces.

Katja

* Here's an example. Pd-0.43.1-extended-20111002.app tries to load:

/Applications/Pdextended.app/Contents/Resources/extra/iemlib/iem_anything.pd_darwin:
dlopen(/Applications/Pdextended.app/Contents/Resources/extra/iemlib/iem_anything.pd_darwin,
10): no suitable image found.  Did find:
/Applications/Pdextended.app/Contents/Resources/extra/iemlib/iem_anything.pd_darwin:
mach-o, but wrong architecture