[PD-dev] pd double autobuilds

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Oct 8 23:37:13 CEST 2011

On Oct 7, 2011, at 8:13 PM, katja wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 12:08 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> <hans at at.or.at> wrote:
>
>> I think this is caused by using the 10.6 build on 10.5.  It is only
>> partially compatible.
>
> Pd-0.43.1-extended-20111002.app, an x86_64 build, tries to load libs
> from Pd-extended.app which is an i386 build. That's where the message
> 'wrong architecture' comes from.
>
> In Pd-0.43.1-double-20111007.app, objects from iemlib and other libs
> can be perfectly instantiated with namespaces. There's no
> compatibility problem, the extended objects are working as usual.
> Because it's all single precision still..... It's compiled with
> PD_FLOAT_PRECISION 32, the core code as well.
>
> Shall we not better start another repo with a clone of the full
> pd-extended.git to work on?

Ok, I figured out why the nightly auto-builds were always 32-bit.  The
whole Pd-extended build sets CFLAGS= when calling make, and the
precision was being set in ./configure in CFLAGS, so it was being
overridden by the 'make CFLAGS="-O2 -g"'.  I changed it to use
AC_DEFINE so its set in DEFS, and now CFLAGS is not overriding it.  So
tomorrow's build should actually be 64-bit.

"We have nothing to fear from love and commitment." - New York Senator
Diane Savino, trying to convince the NY Senate to pass a gay marriage
bill