[PD-dev] pd source - trying to understand m_mainloop() and sched_tick()

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 05:39:37 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I've been stepping through the pd source and trying to understand the
scheduling system, would anyone who knows mind helping me to this effect?

There are two options that m_mainloop() has for
scheduling, m_pollingscheduler() and m_callbackscheduler().  On OS X, I am
only getting a hit on m_pollingscheduler,
since sched_useaudio = SCHED_AUDIO_POLL.  Does sched_useaudio ever
equal SCHED_AUDIO_CALLBACK, which would then cause m_callbackscheduler() to
be used instead?

I'm wondering if sched_tick() is ever called from a non-main thread.

Cheers,
Rich