[PD-dev] pd double autobuilds

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 22:03:05 CEST 2011

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 11:37 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> Ok, I figured out why the nightly auto-builds were always 32-bit.  The whole
> Pd-extended build sets CFLAGS= when calling make, and the precision was
> being set in ./configure in CFLAGS, so it was being overridden by the 'make
> CFLAGS="-O2 -g"'.  I changed it to use AC_DEFINE so its set in DEFS, and now
> CFLAGS is not overriding it.  So tomorrow's build should actually be 64-bit.

Hans, Pd-0.43.1-double-20111009-macosx106-x86_64.dmg has double
precision indeed, it shows 'PD_FLOATPRECISION = 64 bits' at startup
and core objects work correctly. At the moment I can not verify that
externals are also built in double precision. There's a lot of
nonsensical output from objects but this may be caused by their code
as well. We're facing a period of intensive bugfixing, that's for
sure.

Double precision Pd extended is now a mutant. Part of it's DNA has
changed and it's crippled. In fact it is in a disastrous state, but
still I'm as excited as when I saw double precision in my own builds
for the first time. I hope the project will survive impatience,
disappointments and distractions.

Katja