[PD-dev] pd-double builds are actually double now

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 23:14:36 CEST 2011

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> Ok, I just tested the Mac OS X 64-bit build of Pd-double and it is indeed
> double precision.  I say we start announcing it and spreading the word to
> get people testing it, and maybe fixing up their code and/or contributing to
> fixing things.

> Katya, do you want to post such an announcement to pd-announce?  I think we
> should also try to get it posted on the Create Digital Music blog.  It would
> nice to have example patches of what double precision enables.  I'll do one
> that uses 32-bit int timestamps.

Yeah it's now the right time to announce things and at the same time
be clear about what to expect and what to not (yet) expect from pd
double extended. Tomorrow I'll have time to do some detailed
announcements. Could we collect tests patches somewhere? I have a lot
of testpatches already in the original set on:

http://www.katjaas.nl/doubleprecision/doubleprecision.html (page bottom)

Most of these are functional tests and performance tests, but there's
also a directory 'precision-tests' with examples, some of which are
also shown on mentioned page.

Katja