[PD-dev] loadbang and sys_vgui

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Oct 11 05:51:56 CEST 2011

I think you need to handle it in your Tcl code, not in loadbang.
basically, like what the pdwindow does if it receives log messages
before the window is done creating. If the window has not received the
<<Loaded>> event, store the tooltip draw commands in a variable.  Then
once it does receive the <<Loaded>> event, run any stored commands,
and stop storing any new ones.

But maybe there is a better approach?  You might just try doing in Tcl:

after idle draw_my_tooltip

Basically, that waits for the current Tk event loop to complete.

.hc

On Oct 10, 2011, at 9:22 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> Thanks, Hans.  But then how would I override the normal
>
> loadbang behavior for that one particular canvas method?
>
> -Jonathan

>>> e
>>> l
>>> l