[PD-dev] pd-double build still having single externals

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 16:59:27 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 6:35 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> Indeed, its true.  That's a tricky problem.  I think I got it right this
> time, I just pushed my commit to github.  Basically, I made it so
> PD_FLOAT_PRECISION is set in m_pd.h based on the bitness of the build, but
> can be overridden by externally setting PD_FLOAT_PRECISION.  So the
> ./configure flags just serve to force either 64-bit double or 32-bit float,
> but by default it'll use double on __LP64__ or _WIN64, and float on anything
> else.

Hans, today's autobuild sources still do not have your bitness
solution included.

When setting '--enable-double-precision' in the makefile for the
package, the libs are still single precision. Therefore, it is at the
moment not possible to set the precision at will (only for the core
and that is not so useful in this context). Maybe it is best to have
precision always dependent on the build's bitness? Hmm that me be a
point of heavy debate, later. Anyway I should probably upgrade my OSX
to 10.6 in order to develop and test double precision pd.

Katja