[PD-dev] pd-double build still having single externals

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Oct 13 21:45:16 CEST 2011

On Oct 13, 2011, at 10:59 AM, katja wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 6:35 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> <hans at at.or.at> wrote:
>>
>> Indeed, its true.  That's a tricky problem.  I think I got it right
>> this
>> time, I just pushed my commit to github.  Basically, I made it so
>> PD_FLOAT_PRECISION is set in m_pd.h based on the bitness of the
>> build, but
>> can be overridden by externally setting PD_FLOAT_PRECISION.  So the
>> ./configure flags just serve to force either 64-bit double or 32-
>> bit float,
>> but by default it'll use double on __LP64__ or _WIN64, and float on
>> anything
>> else.
>
> Hans, today's autobuild sources still do not have your bitness
> solution included.
>
> When setting '--enable-double-precision' in the makefile for the
> package, the libs are still single precision. Therefore, it is at the
> moment not possible to set the precision at will (only for the core
> and that is not so useful in this context). Maybe it is best to have
> precision always dependent on the build's bitness? Hmm that me be a
> point of heavy debate, later. Anyway I should probably upgrade my OSX
> to 10.6 in order to develop and test double precision pd.

Arg, for some reason its not updating on the rsync master.  I just
manually updated.  But you can always do:

cd pd-double/pd
git pull
cd ..
svn up

And that should bring everything up-to-date on your machine.  I'll try
to fix the auto-updating...

Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is
related to the telescope.      -Edsger Dykstra