[PD-dev] pd-double: how to selectively build external libs for development?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Oct 18 20:33:36 CEST 2011

On Oct 18, 2011, at 2:54 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2011-10-17 22:27, katja wrote:
>
>> There's however a small issue to reckon with: at the moment, the only
>> way to force double precision compilation upon the external libs, is
>> to hardcode #define PF_FLOAT_PRECISION 64 in m_pd.h. If we put it in
>
> i think this is the only solution on the long way anyhow.
>
> when building an external for a given Pd-binary, there is no way to
> tell
> whether it was a single or double precision build (apart from checking
> whether the resulting external produces nonsense or even crashes).
> the only reference is the include file, which must be non-ambiguous.

Another idea for handling this is to use the ./configure --enable-
double-precision flag, but have it generate a config.h, which is
included by m_pd.h.  That should solve this issue, since config.h
would be auto-generated based on the flag, but all externals would use
m_pd.h, which reads the PD_FLOAT_PRECISION value from config.h