[PD-dev] pd-double: how to selectively build external libs for development?

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 12:32:58 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 12:05 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> AH, right, you need to include a symlink to src/ called bin/ then it
> should all work.  I do this a lot, so I know it works once it setup.
> But I might not always remember the details on setting it up:  So like
> this:
>
> cd pd-double/pd
> ln -s src bin

Thanks, Hans. Here is the source of all confusion: once a local
install is done in pd-double/ with the new build system, external dirs
should go in pd-double/lib/pd/extra/, not pd-double/extra/. I
overlooked this. Moreover, this path remains until
pd-double/lib/pd/extra/ is deleted, no matter if you make clean and
build without install. So this is what nagged me a couple of days.

Would be nice to have such details documented. Once I'll be settled on
the best way to develop externals against pd-double, I'll document it
on puredata.info anyway.

Katja