[PD-dev] Pd-extended-0.43 appearance

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 11:49:50 CEST 2011

Hi Hans

I noticed a significant difference between Pd-extended-0.43 and
Pd-vanilla-0.43 appearance. Symbol- and Numberboxes are 2 px higher in
Extended than in Vanilla. This is especially problematic in cases where
a GOP-patch in Vanilla was created so that the number/symbol box
perfectly fits in. The same GOP-abstraction in Pd-extended does not show
the number/symbol box at all, because it is overlapping the GOP area of
the abstraction.

I also noticed that Pd-extended-0.43 on OS X does not use anti-aliased
fonts, although it is (I think) using Tcl/Tk 8.5, while Pd-vanilla-0.43
does use anti-aliased fonts.

On Ubuntu both, Pd-extended and Pd-vanilla 0.43, do use anti-aliased
fonts.

Roman