[PD-dev] More objects in pd-double-auto-build package (Debian amd64)

F.J. Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 22 21:46:36 CEST 2011

Hi,

The last few days I have been toying with the pd-double-auto-builder
script, and with some hacking I isolated the externals which failed to
compile, resulting in few objects reaching the package. This is what I did:

modified external/Makefile:
- selectively removed targets until all resulting in make errors are
removed.
For the current situation these are: creb, cw_binaural, extra, smlib,
vbap, gem
The package process depends on the compile result, so when there is no
compile error, all build objects are packaged.
With a compile error, only vanilla is packaged.

For this to work, I modified the pd-double-auto-builder.sh:
- removed the initial rsync download and the final rsync upload
The advantage is that one can modify and keep files as the
rsync-download replaces all modified local files and delete all added files.

These changes resulted in a software package of 22.7 MByte containing
more compiled objects.

This is of course, not a proposal to change the pd-double-auto-build
scripts. But it helped finding the problematic externals.

Please note the obvious that compiling does not mean work. I did some
work here too, but progress is slow. I know testing, but not much Pd.

Fred Jan