[PD-dev] 'tests' section of pure-data/trunk svn?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Oct 24 21:26:18 CEST 2011

I've been thinking now that we are starting to get some testing
infrastructure in place, we need a place to organize them in the pure-
data SVN.  I propose we add a tests/ section to trunk in SVN next to
externals/ scripts/ etc.  This section would be for the testing
scripts, and for any tests that don't specifically below to a
library.  Once we get a test format sorted out, I think that libraries
should  include their own tests.

I propose we use the suffix "-regressiontest.pd" for tests, then we
can have a script that crawls the whole pure-data SVN and runs the
tests in place with the libraries they are part of.  (-test.pd is
already used a lot of places, so a new suffix would be better to avoid
confusion).