[PD-dev] permission for comitting simple fixes

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Oct 26 01:05:38 CEST 2011

I'm OK with you committing to the docs/ subfolder, but I think that's
more Jonathan's domain more than me since he's been doing the bulk of
the work on that section, especially the doc/pddp section.  I can say
its OK for you to commit to the doc/tutorials/ section, since I have
made 90% of the commits there.

.hc

On Oct 25, 2011, at 6:58 PM, Ricardo Fabbri wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> So how about the 'doc' subdir?
>
> Ricardo Fabbri
> --
> Linux registered user #175401
> labmacambira.sf.net
>

> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> <hans at at.or.at> wrote:
>>
>> Hey Ricardo,
>>
>> It really needs to be on a library-by-library basis, since there
>> are so many
>> different libraries maintained by many different people.  There are
>> two good
>> ways for finding who the maintainer is of a given library:
>>
>> Check who has committed to the library:
>>  cd externals/iemlib
>>  svn log |head -5
>> r15146 | tmusil | 2011-07-07 14:43:33 -0400 (Thu, 07 Jul 2011) | 1
>> line
>>
>> Then email that person and the pd-dev list, you can just add
>> @users.sourceforge.net to the sourceforge username for their email.
>>
>> Or you can check the Pd-extended maintainer:
>> https://puredata.info/docs/LibrariesInPdExtended
>>
>> The closest thing to a blanket authorization that anyone has is
>> Jonathan
>> Wilkes has gotten permission basically everywhere to add the [pd
>> META]
>> subpatches to all the help patches.
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On Oct 25, 2011, at 6:26 PM, Ricardo Fabbri wrote:
>>
>>> Hans,
>>>
>>> Starting off the week on Pd.  To begin with, do I have your
>>> consent to
>>> routinely commit small fixes to Pd documentation and code
>>> documentation in the SVN community repo, even outside pix_opencv and
>>> pdp_opencv? Do I need to forward you my commits or use the patch
>>> tracker for details like that?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> Ricardo Fabbri
>>> --
>>> Linux registered user #175401
>>> labmacambira.sf.net

>> Mistrust authority - promote decentralization.  - the hacker ethic

You can't steal a gift. Bird gave the world his music, and if you can
hear it, you can have it. - Dizzy Gillespie