[PD-dev] adding an "Open" method to pdlua and tclpd

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 28 15:06:08 CEST 2011

On 2011-10-27 19:07, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> It would be really awesome if you could edit the file and have the
> object automatically updated.  That would be a lot harder.  I suppose
> using the file alteration monitor stuff in GNU/Linux and Mac OS X, you
> could efficiently get notification whether the file changed, but polling
> might not be so bad.  I guess the hard part would be re-registering the
> object with Pd.

If the editor could send back to Pd the name of the file that was saved
it would be much easier.

For now you could just save it under a new name and make one of those.
Also the [pdluax] object loads its script each time it's instantiated so
you can use the same name, although you still need to make a new object
on the canvas.

OTOH dynamically changing the inlet/outlet count of an object especially
when there are more than one in a patch would seem to guarantee crashing
of Pd.

Martin