[PD-dev] adding an inlet and outlet to [table]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Oct 29 21:43:48 CEST 2011

I just saw that Max's [table] object has an inlet and outlet on it.  You can send the position to the [table] object and it'll output the value.  Then it also has a second inlet for setting the value at that position.

I think this interface is really nice and simple.  I looked around to find how to add these inlets and outlets to Pd's [table], but couldn't find where to do it.  Is there any reason why this is a bad idea?  Can anyone give me some pointers as to where I should add the inlets and outlet?