[PD-dev] gem, pdp, gridflow, pidip

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Nov 1 21:23:36 CET 2011

Gem has both OpenGL and pixel/video operations and is well maintained.  PDP is a different, perhaps complementary, approach to video than Gem's pix.  Its not really currently maintained beyond little fixes, but its up for grabs really, if you wanted to take it on.  There is 3dp as well, which is an alpha OpenGL lib for PDP that tries to make OpenGL feel more Pd-ish.  The original dev, Tom Schouten, stopped working with Pd so it hasn't been developed really since.  I think it would be worth checking out and seeing whether it would be worth developing more.

As for gridflow, it is also quite actively developed these days.  It is focus on matrices, so for video, you treat images as matricies.  This is a very similar basic approach to Max/Jitter.

.hc