[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-3432059 ] pdp_v4l not working

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 1 22:41:18 CET 2011

Bugs item #3432059, was opened at 2011-11-01 19:41
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by ricardofabbri
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=3432059&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: externals
Group: v0.44

Initial Comment:
I cannot open video in pdp under Linux. Whenever I try to open /dev/video0 I get:

pdp_v4l: attempting auto open
pdp_v4l: opening /dev/video0
pdp_v4l: auto open failed

Note that Gem is using v4l just fine.

I'm using pd extended from svn (which comes with pdp) with pd extended core from git. My system is Ubuntu 11.10 64bit