[PD-dev] help compiling pd 0.43 on Windows 7

Menno van der Woude mennowo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 23:12:32 CET 2011

Hello,

trying to compile pd vanilla 0.43 on Windows 7 "ultimate" 64 bits I am
running into some trouble. I followed the developer>mingw guide from
puredata.org. Then trying ./configure using MSYS. It gives: no tcl
header found, and a few lines later: no tcl library found, then quits.
I did however compile both tcl and tk 8.5 using this guide:
http://wiki.tcl.tk/14828, inside MSYS. Adding a --with-tcl=/... to
./configure only gives the note: unrecognized option.
Any thoughts how I could overcome these difficulties? I am a bit lost here.

Bye! Menno